DAY 3 September 3rd, 2024 – AKUREYRI, ICELAND Located on a stunning fjord in Iceland, surrounded by snow-capped mountains and rolling hills, the weather here is surprisingly mild for its proximity to the Arctic Circle.
Wander off the beaten path and explore the natural wonders that await you on one of our incredible on-shore excursions.
1. DIAMOND CIRCLE FLIGHTSEEING EXPERIENCE This brief flightseeing adventure will take you on a scenic flight over Godafoss Waterfall, Lake Myvatn, and Dettifoss Waterfall, Europe’s most powerful waterfall. Fly through the landscape of epic television series, Game of Thrones, some of which was filmed in this dramatic landscape.
2. GEOSEA BATHS & GODAFOSS WATERFALL Visit GeoSea Sea Baths, a rejuvenating experience for the body, soul and mind. Guests will also have the opportunity to view the famous Godafoss Waterfall.
3. GLACIAL CANYON RIVER RAFTING Mind-blowing scenery, bubbling hot springs, action and relaxation combine to deliver a splash of unforgettable memories. Join us on this river rafting adventure tour through the magnificent West Glacial River Canyon.
4. JEWELS OF THE NORTH & MÝVATN NATURE BATHS This excursion encompasses all the major sights at the magical Lake Mývatn area with the added opportunity to view Dettifoss Waterfall, reputedly to be the most powerful waterfall in Europe. Guests will also have the chance to soak in the Mývatn Nature Baths.
5. OFF THE BEATEN TRACK 4X4 SIGHTSEEING ADVENTURE Those who dare to venture off the beaten track often find obscure treasures which are hidden to those that follow the common route. This 4×4 rigid Super Jeeps experience offers the opportunity to view these out-of-the-way gems.
6. POLAR FLIGHT TO GRÍMSEY Visit Grímsey Island, Iceland’s northernmost inhabited territory. The island is small but rich in resources – and on clear days, the view is magnificent.
7. WHALE RIB SAFARI Experience getting up close in a RIB (rigid-hulled inflatable boat) to view the incredible humpback whales of the Eyjafjörður Fjord, a place of serene beauty and diverse marine life, framed by glacier-carved, snow-capped mountains.
The ship arrives at 8:00am and departs at 6:00pm.