October 26 – 29, 2021
Join Ryan & Malaka Hilton as they leave Egypt and fly to Aqaba, Jordan and embark on a 4-day journey to famed archaeological site of Petra, the Valley of the Moon of Wadi Rum, and ending at the bordering salt lake – the Dead Sea.
Cost: $2,450.00 per person based on double occupancy
Please scroll down for full journey details.
October 26, 2021 – Upon arrival into Aqaba airport, disembark your plane and walk down a short corridor where our airport representative is waiting to assist you with your entry visa, through immigration and on to baggage reclaim.
Once you have cleared these areas and your luggage arrives, you are taken through to the arrivals hall where you meet your driver and transfer to Wadi Rum. You will check-in for 1 night in the Bespoke Camp.
October 27, 2021 – Otherwise known as Valley of the Moon, the landscape of Wadi Rum with its immensity, color and awe-inspiring shapes creates an almost supernatural atmosphere. The setting for the film ‘Lawrence of Arabia’ and the actual location where T.E. Lawrence set his camp, whose book ’The Seven Pillars of Wisdom ‘was named after the seven natural columns varying in height located en route to Wadi Rum. Bedouin camps are evident in the Wadi. These are still home to a number of Bedouin families who welcome visitors with the hospitality and generosity that Bedouins are so famous for.
Explore the desert with a 4×4 driven by a local Bedouin for two hours.
Enjoy your lunch at Hasan Zawaydeh Restaurant.
Transfer to Petra for your overnight stay at Movenpick Petra.
Movenpick Resort, Petra
October 28, 2021 – Enjoy breakfast & check out from the hotel to meet your private guide and driver at the hotel’s lobby.
Begin your visit with an optional horse ride from the main gate of Petra to the entrance of the old city. Then walk on foot along to the Siq (entrance). The ancient city of Petra was built between 800 BC to AD 100 by Nabatean Arabs. In this era Petra was a fortress, carved out of the jagged rocks in an area, which was virtually inaccessible. In the first and second century, after the Romans invaded, the city reached the peak of its fame.
Petra covers an area of about 100 square kilometers (62 miles), where over 800 monuments can be found. When shipping slowly displaced caravan routes, the city’s importance gradually dwindled, and it fell into disuse and was lost to the world until 1812, when it was re-discovered by the Swiss explorer Johann Ludwig Burkhart. Nowadays Petra is a popular tourist attraction, known as the “rose-red city half as old as time”. The Khazneh (the Treasury), featured in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
After your lunch, you will be transferred to The Kempinski Ishtar Hotel at the Dead Sea for your final evening.
The Dead Sea’s surface and shores are 430.5 metres (1,412 ft) below sea level, Earth’s lowest elevation on land. It is 997 ft deep, the deepest hyper-saline lake in the world. With a salinity of 342 g/kg, or 34.2%, it is one of the world’s saltiest bodies of water – 9.6 times as salty as the ocean – and has a density of 1.24 kg/litre, which makes swimming similar to floating.
This salinity makes for a harsh environment in which plants and animals cannot flourish, hence its name. The Dead Sea’s main, northern basin is 31 miles long and 9 miles wide at its widest point.
October 29, 2021 – Enjoy your free day at the Dead Sea.
The Dead Sea has a historical and spiritual legacy of its own. It is believed to be the site of five biblical cities: Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboiim and Zoar (Bela).
At 400 meters below sea level, the Dead Sea is infinite in what it has to offer. Ever since the days of Herod the Great, people have flocked to the Dead Sea in search of its curative secrets. Due to high annual temperatures, low humidity and high atmospheric pressure, the air is extremely exogenous, and the high content of oxygen and magnesium in the air make breathing a lot easier. With the highest content of minerals and salts in the world, the Dead Sea water possesses anti-inflammatory properties, and the dark mud found on the shores have been used for over 2000 years for therapeutic purposes.
In the afternoon, transfer to Queen Alia International Airport for your onward travels.
Call Jolene DiRocco at 941-951-1801 at extension 106 now to wait-list for this departure.
Rate: $2,450.00 per person, double occupancy
A $50 per person Admiral Travel booking fee will apply.
- 50% deposit due to secure
- Final payment due April 1, 2021
- Payments are refundable up to October 1, 2020. After this date, payments are non-refundable. We highly recommend a trip cancellation and interruption protection plan. Please ask your advisor for information.
- All accommodation as indicated
- All touring as indicated
- All meals
- All local beverages
- International Air
- Items of a personal nature – Healing House, Living Store
- Founder’s Journey will always be priced at or below published rates, but never higher.
- Travel with like-minded individuals on these exclusive departures.
- Enjoy a welcome cocktail party to meet your fellow travelers.
- A hosted dinner will be offered during one night of the trip with the Hiltons.
- On many occasions, optional shore events are offered as an option that only our group is invited to join.
- Special global relationships that the Hiltons have formed over the years will allow you privileged access opportunities.
- Trips are offered well in advance to give ample time for your future planning.
- Minimum numbers must be met in order for the Hiltons to host the journey.
- The Hiltons reserve the right to adjust the duration of their participation should any schedule conflicts arise.